“FLASH Weather Alerts” Version 3.0 offers speed, precision, forecasting, preparedness tools, and NOAA weather radio functionality.
In partnership with Weather Decision Technologies, Inc. (WDT), the nonprofit Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH), today released the updated FLASH Weather Alerts app V3.0 on the iTunes and Google Play stores. This mobile app delivers precise GPS, precision text-to-speech severe weather alerts, useful “How-To” videos, and bilingual home safety, mitigation, and disaster preparedness information.
“We are proud to partner with WDT, the country’s premier weather data provider, to reintroduce this powerful, easy-to-use app combining technology with real-time severe weather information,” said FLASH President and CEO Leslie Chapman-Henderson. “Often, our smartphones and tablets serve as lifelines in a disaster, so we are offering this app and the speed it delivers to maximize the short window of time available to make life or death decisions in a disaster. The added everyday benefits of reliable weather forecasts make it a must-have.”
The FLASH Weather Alerts app enables the user to receive critical alerts via voice and push notifications. Your phone will “wake up” with alerts and also track your location to warn you wherever you go. Listen to local weather forecasts while on the move. Enjoy the power of a NOAA Weather Radio, with all the convenience and precision of a smartphone.
Features of FLASH Weather Alerts include:
- ACCURATE ALERTS- Provides the most precise alerts compared to other similar apps on the market
- COMPLETE CONTROL- Choose only the type of alerts you want to receive
- FOLLOW ME- Alerts you when a watch/warning is issued in your area
- MULTIPLE LOCATIONS- Ensure friends & family are safe by saving up to 5 additional locations
- AUDIO- Hear beeps followed by a brief description of the alert type
- RADAR- Quickly reference your location to adverse weather using radar with watch and warning overlays
- QUICK FORECAST- Access current and forecast weather information for remote locations
- VOICE OVER- Works for the visually impaired
- MITIGATION RESOURCES- Includes information to make homes stronger and families (available in English and Spanish)
- CURRENT NEWS- provides event-driven preparedness/mitigation tips as severe events unfold
All app features are included for $4.99 with no additional in-app purchases. If you previously purchased FLASH Weather Alerts, you may download the update for free. For more information, visit flashweatheralerts.org.