With the potential of Tropical Storm Isaac making landfall, the Federal Alliance for Safe Homes recommends that families in the path use this weekend to complete projects around the house that can minimize or even prevent damage from high winds and/or rising water. Our Protect Your Home in a FLASH toolkit has step-by-step instructions for each suggested activity including:
- Cleaning and repairing the gutters to ensure they drain properly
- Inspect your soffits to make sure they will keep water out of your house
- Clearing the yard of items that can be blown around and making your landscaping more hurricane resistant
- Enhance your roof sheathing attachment to help your plywood roof resist uplift
- Building a home insurance inventory
If families have any questions, we will have experts standing by throughout the weekend via phone, email, Twitter and Facebook to answer questions as families prepare.
- Phone: 877.221.SAFE
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: Tweet us @federalalliance and use the hashtag #isaacprep
- Facebook: Post on our page at www.facebook.com/federalalliance
- For this and other hurricane preparation activities visit our Protect Your Home in a FLASH (http://www.flash.org/protect.php) toolkit.