The Federal Alliance for Safe Homes (FLASH)® offers the following tornado safety tips to help before, during, and after a tornado strikes.
- Have a family tornado plan and know where you can safely take shelter.
- Closely monitor NOAA Weather Radio
- Install a tornado safe room or storm shelter built to FEMA 320 guidelines or the ICC/NSSA 500 standard. Always use a licensed contractor to install a safe room within, adjacent to, or outside of your home.
- View this video playlist to find out Which Tornado Safe Room is Right for You.
- Take refuge in a tested and approved storm shelter, safe room, or a community shelter labeled as an official tornado shelter. Community shelters may include stores, malls, churches, even airports.
- If no shelter is available:
- Are you indoors? Go to the lowest floor, to a small, central, interior room, under a stairwell, or to an interior…
View original post 223 more words