Freezing temperatures and snow arrived earlier than normal this year making it even more important to take steps to prepare for winter conditions during the remainder of the season.
What better way to help your family and friends prepare than giving a gift that keeps them safe, warm, and protected inside their home?
This week, when you begin, or maybe as you finish holiday shopping, consider adding safety gadgets to your Black Friday shopping list. The list below will get you started if you want to choose gifts for family and friends that will help prepare for weather of all kinds.
- AM/FM radio with extra batteries
- Car power inverters
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- External cell phone battery pack
- Fire extinguisher and fire escape ladder
- First-aid kits
- FLASH Weather Alerts app
- Hand-crank powered appliances such as cell phone chargers, power supplies, radios and weather radio
- LED flashlights with extra batteries
- Power generators
- Portable gasoline-powered generators
- Permanent LP or natural gas home generators
- Solar-powered backpack to charge laptops, tablets, and other portable devices
- Windshield scraper
- Attic insulation
- Gift certificates for professional home inspections
- Insulated doors
- Insulation for hose bibs, exposed plumbing, pool equipment
- Replacement windows
- Storm doors
- Weather stripping
Click here for a complete list of tips on how to stay safe and comfortable during power outages. For more tips and resources on winter safety, visit The Great Winter Weather Party campaign, and for comprehensive information on weather of all kinds, visit FLASH.